I recently obtained my series 7 license, but during the six weeks of
studying, a great deal of my material involved economic impact of various
fiscal and monetary policy, and also of course the laws of compounding
interest.

I think I figured out the problem with society today.  Business prays on
countless individuals who can not distinguish the difference between cost
and price.  Of course there's no need to define those terms on here, but
it occurred to me that while I can spend $250 on a plane ticket now, I
will have paid $225,000 for that plane ticket by the time I am dead.

This has become a very big problem for me, because I don't want to spend
any money.  Not one red cent.  I don't enjoy anything because all I can
see any more is opportunity cost.  I have gotten to the point in my life
where I can't enjoy anything--probably not even a weekend in Hawaii
because I see it as a missed investment opportunity.

I look at every single "bargain" or "sale" with the eyes of a skeptic,
knowing that the counter-party in the transaction must have a reason for
what they are doing.  They must see this item as worth less than what they
are selling it for so why should I buy it for the sale price?

I feel much like the main character of Flatland who is suddenly bumped
into the third dimension by a strange object, gets catapulted above the
normal 2-dimensional plane, and can never look at his world the same way.

Does anyone else feel like this?

jonathan

--
Jonathan Kalbfeld    M268@>6]U('!L87D@=&AI<R!M  ThoughtWave Technologies LLC