An interesting observation by my friend Jim.
--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

     Mr. Banks: Will you be good enough to explain all this?!

     Mary Poppins: First of all I would like to make one thing
                   perfectly clear.

     Banks: Yes?

     Poppins: I never explain *anything*.

                            *Mary Poppins*
--- Begin Message ---
Opera houses have felt the pinch of a weakened economy.  A significant
number of them have canceled works with the explanation that they were
substituting obscure works with more popular ones to increase ticket sales.
I don't think that opera ticket revenue is actually counter cyclical, but I
still think the phenomenon is pretty funny.  Imagine Warner finding out the
economy is bad so they greenlight more summer block busters.

--- End Message ---