--- "Pinczewski-Lee, Joe (LRC)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As to 1) all I can say is that Medieval Iceland
> doesn't exist
> anymore, nor do I remember any classes explaining
> the great contributions
> Medieval Iceland made to world culture, whereas I DO
> seem to remember a
> number of advances made by mixed economy nations,
> such as Britain, the
> United States, Germany, and France.

Iceland's polycentric enforcement system lasted for
approx 290 years.  We only recently had our
bicentenial in the US and are arguably not the same
goverment that was formed in 1787 anyway.
  For a good History book to learn about Iceland and
it's contributions see "Viking Age Iceland" by Jesse
Byock.

Ben
PS My high school history teachers told me antitrust
was passed to limit the power of the evil robber
barons and god knows how many lies about FDR or the
Civil War.  I hardly see it as relevant that you
didn't learn about Iceland in school.