  From: msdocarb
  To: ArmchairReaders2@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 12:58 PM
  Subject: [ArmchairReaders2] Books read in September

  I can't believe a new month has begun.  I did enjoy most of my reads in
  September.  I did finally run across a book I just could not make myself
finish
  by Greg Iles.  Well, it had to happen eventually.  Here are the ones I did
  manage to finish and enjoy reading.
  September:
  1. ShelterMountain, Robyn Carr – contemporary fiction, romance, chick lit.
  This is the 2nd in the Virgin River series. A woman running from her
violently
  abusive husbands stumbles into the town of Virgin River.  There she finds
  herself, friends, support and protection.  A very endearing series.  Rating:
  4/5, an audio book, 9/1/11.
  2. Kissing Sin, Keri Arthur – paranormal fiction.  This is a surprisingly
  erotic series that I’m coming to enjoy with each installment.  In this
  continuation, Riley is begrudgingly being forced to join the Guardians.
  Subsequent kidnaps of herself and brother and later learning that some
  non-humans were being used as lab rats for cloning experiments, Riley decides
  do all that is necessary to bring this abuse to an end.  Alone the way, her
were
  nature of enjoying sex has added complications when her genes, skills, and
  sexual prowess has gathered the attention of many.  Rating:  5/5, an e-book,
  9/2/11.
  3. Tempting Evil, Keri Arthur – paranormal suspense, fiction.  Riley Jenkins
  has completed a rushed training program for the Guardians.  She is now
joining
  her brother in a covert operation to bring down the persons responsible for
  setting up and operating the cloning research labs.  This series gets better
and
  better as I go along.  This is the 3rd  in the series.  This girls private
life
  provided many a twitching moments, lol.  Rating:  5/5, an ebook, 9/3/11
  4. Dangeroous Games. Keri Arthur – paranormal mystery, suspense, romance,
urban
  fantasy.  My Riley Jensen marathon continues with this 4th book in the
series.
  Iy appears that rogue baby vampires are on the lose and in a feeding frenzy
in
  Riley’s city.  She and her brother, Rhoan, are assitgned to put it to an end.

  In the process of resolving this case Riley runs into her archenemy, Gautier,
  who is still determined to make her suffer before he takes her life.  She
also
  makes some interesting discoveries regarding her lovers.  Rating:  5/5, an
  e-book, 9/5/11.
  5. The Body Farm, Patricia Cornwell, crime, suspense, contemporary fiction.
Kay
  Scarpetta is called to North Carolina to investigate the death of a young
girl.
  It is alleged she is a victim of a serial killer that had recently struck in
  Virginia.  Also, while in training, Kay’s niece is accused of violating the
  secure room and obtaining files from the FBI.  Kay now finds she must split
her
  time to solve both cases. Rating:  4/5, an audio book.
  6. Embraced by Darkness, Keri Arthur – suspense, paranormal mystery, romance,
  urban fantasy. IMO, this series gets better with each novel.  Though
ostracized
  and threatened from her pack for being a half-breed, Riley and her twin Rhoan
  are needed to investigate the disappearance of the new pack leader’s
  granddaughter.  Meanwhile, both have been assigned by the Directorate to find
  serial killer.  In the romance department both have to make a decision
regarding
  commitment to their current lovers.  Rating:  6/5, an e-book, 9/7/11.
  7. Interlude in Death, J.D. Robb – mystery, crime, urban fantasy, sci-fi.
Eve
  is asked to speak at a cop convention off planet.  A murder occurs and one of
  the commanders is trying to point the finger in Roarke’s direction.
Naturally
  Eve won’t let anyone “mess with” her man, so the game is on.  Rating:  5/5,
an
  audio book, 9/8/11
  8. The Darkest Kiss, Keri Arthur – paranormal romance, mystery, suspense,
urban
  fantasy.  Vengeance is the theme of the two subplots within.  It seems an
evil
  force has been dismembering both humans and nonhumans.  Riley Jensen and her
  guardian mates venture into more life-threatening cases.  In the romance
  department, though still suffering from a broken heart thanks to Kellen,
things
  are beginning to show possibilities. Rhoan also has to come to terms with his
  soulmate, Liander.   I’m still loving this series.  Rating:  5/5, an e-book,
  9/9/11.
  9. Deadly Desire, Keri Arthur – paranormal romance, mystery, suspense. Again,
  Riley and her guardian mates are called to investigate the violent murders of
  human teenagers and wealthy vampires of whom a couple were close friends to
her
  boss, Jack.  Thanks to Quinn, Riley is healing emotionally.  With the “moon
  heat” upon her she is fighting the urge to “dance” with some men from her
past.
  Rating:  5/5, an e-book, 9/10/11.
  10. Bound in Shadows, Keri Arthur – paranormal romance, mystery, suspense,
  horror. What a story.  It has been a long time since I teared while reading a
  novel.  Riley has to come to terms with her wolf soulmate.  The soulmate
she’d
  been waiting all of her life for.  Ironically, she despises this mate.  It
  appears he is following her investigation of the beheading of members of the
  vampire council.  She’s wondering why.  She also runs across a new entity, a
  mirror wraith.  There was a lot of gore in this one.  Rating:  5/5, an
e-book,
  9/11/11.
  11. E is for Evidence, Sue Grafton – mystery, crime, contemporary fiction.
  Rating:  3/5, an audio book, 9/12/11
  12. Shakespeare’s Landlord, Charlaine Harris – crime, mystery, contemporary
  fiction.  Lily Bard is cleans homes in her little town of Shakespeare.  One
  night, while returning home from a walk, she witnesses someone using her
wheel
  barrow to move large bags to the park across the street from where she lives.

  When she investigates a little later, she discovers the remains of the
landlord
  of the apartment building next door. Rating:  4/5, an audio book and e-book.
  13. Seduction in Death, J.D. Robb – crime, sci-fi, urban fantasy, mystery.
  Contest, fun and games were the motives behind the murders in this case.
  Rating:  4/5, an audio book, 9/13/11
  14. Firefly Lane, Kristin Hannah – contemporary fiction, romance, chick lit.
  absolutely LOVED this novel.  I was on an emotional roller coaster.  It has
been
  awhile since a novel made me get a hanky.  This had it all for me. Rating:
6/5,
  an audio book, 9/15/11.
  15. Promise Me, Harlan Coben – mystery, contemporary fiction.  This is the
8th
  in the Myron Bolitar series.  It has been 7 years since Myron allowed himself
  be drawn into an investigation.  Though he’d promised his partner back then
he
  would leave investigations to the police, he finds himself investigating the
  disappearances of local teens, especially when one was a daughter of a close
  friend.  Rating:  4/5, an audio book, 9/16/11.
  16. Reunionin Death, J.D. Robb – urban fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, crime,
  suspense. Rating:  5/5, an audio book, 9/18/11.
  17. Purity in Death, J.D. Robb – urban fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, crime,
  suspense.  Thought provoking.  The premise is a group of dissatisfied
citizens
  with the judicial system.  They feel that criminals are protected rather than
  punished for their crimes.  Consequently, they have become the judge, jury
and
  executioners.  Rating:  5/5, an audio book – 9/19/11.
  18. Shakespeare’s Champion, Charlaine Harris – contemporary fiction, mystery.

  Lily was asked to open her favorite gym for the owner due to his illness.
There
  she found a dead bodybuilder with a barbell on his throat.  Also it seems
there
  is a group forming in town allegedly to blacks in their place.  Lily found
  herself involved in both cases, especially after she was victimized in a
church
  bombing.  Rating:  4/5, an e-book, 9/21/11
  19. Shakespeare’s Christmas, Charlaine Harris – mystery, contemporary
fiction.
  Lily is called home to be a bridesmaid in her sister’s wedding.  While there,
  she discovers her boyfriend, Jack, a private detective is also there
  investigating a child snatching.  Rating:  5/5, an e-book, 9/22/11.
  20. Shakespeare’s Trollop, Charlaine Harris – mystery, contemporary fiction.
  This is the 4th in the Lily Bard series.  Lily investigates the murder of the
  town’s trollop.  She also discovers she is ready for an intensive
relationship
  with Jack.
  21. Serpent’s Storm, Amber Benson – paranormal mystery, urban fantasy.
  Calliope Reaper Jones finally grows up and assumes responsibility.  The
  relationship shared with Daniel also a candidate for Death’s position
undergoes
  a change.  A coup is being set into motion to usurp the leadership of Death
  Inc., Purgatory and Hell.  Will it be successful?  Rating:  4/5, an audio
book,
  9/28/11.
  22. Moonsworn,  Keri Arthur – paranormal romance.  What a fitting end to the
  series.  Well worth the read.  I love how neatly all the subplots were so
  smoothly brought to a close.  Rating:  5/5  I still love and will miss Quinn.

  An audio book, 9/29/11.
  23. Long Lost, Harlan Coben – mystery, contemporary fiction, guy lit.  Myron
  Bolitar is having relationship issues once again.  All of a sudden he
receives a
  call from a woman he’d enjoyed in the past.  She beseeches him to come to
Paris
  to help her with a problem.  Once he relents, he finds himself investigating
  possible  kidnap, terrorism and much more.  Rating:  5/5, an audio book,
  9/30/11.

   Deb

  http://www.debsworks.blogspot.comCurrently Reading:  Portrait in Death by
J.D.
  Robb; Imitation inDeath by J.D. Robb; Shakespeare's Trollop by Charlaine
Harris
  Recently finished:  Shakespeare's Champion & Shakespeare's Christmas, by
  Charlaine Harris and Purity in Death by J.D. Robb
  Next:    F is for Fugitive;  Succubus Revealed;  Sleepless in Savannah;
Wicked
  Prey;  Moon Called;  Divided in Death, Moon Sworn and/or Magic Strikes
   Current Crochet Project:  a baby outfit for my cousin

    Shop at Amazon.com! Use this link when shopping at Amazon.  A percentage of
  your purchases will help support a family scholarship fund.  Thanks in
advance.
   Joinour book club and swap used books for FREE -   Use this link to join!
  http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?r_by=msdoc...@yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: