On 30/11/2012 17:18, Stuart Winter wrote:
Exactly - if your WLAN is secured (most likely) then you'd need another
service to help bring up the interface, so it doesn't seem that there's
any value in adding this at boot.

But would it bring mlan0 up anyway, instead of typing:
ifconfig mlan0 up
I don't think it'll make any difference since nothing in the Slackware rc
scripts uses this - it's only the installer, as far as I can see.
alienBOB added it some time ago to help speed up his own installations,
IIRC.