Hi,

I tried to install Slackware 14.0 for ARM on my Raspberry Pi (Model B, 512 MB RAM). I used the installer image from http://rpi.fatdog.eu/, the package repository is on a USB flash drive. The installer boots just fine, I can configure my keyboard and set the current date without problems. I can also configure the partitions (swap, root and so on) in the setup, set the package source and select the packages. The installation process starts but quits after a few seconds, telling me that the installation was successful (which of course is wrong). Shortly before this message, two error messages pop up in the background:

"Error retrieving current directory - getcwd cannot access parent directories: no such file or directory" and "/mnt/etc/fstab - no such file or directory". I made sure that the SD card is writable and mounted to /mnt. I don't think that this is a hardware issue, because the same SD card was used in this RPi with OpenELEC.

And this is not the only strange behaviour - when i quit the installer, the system date is set to the next day (e.g. May,10 instead of May,9). I have no clue what might cause this and how to solve it. I installed Slackware on another RPi a while ago, without any problems (using the image from Dave's Collective and with a NFS server for the packages). I will try the image from Dave, but I don't think that this will solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Michael Langfinger