>>> It appears that the usb driver in the linux-sunxi kernel is bust (at

>>> least on A1X based devices) and I don't think that there is any chance
>>> of them fixing it any time soon. I even downloaded the 3.0 stable
>>> version sources hoping that at least their stable version (as opposed to
>>> the 3.4 developement kernel) still had working usb correctly, but it had
>>> the exact same issues as the 3.4 linux-sunxi kernel (ie only some usb
>>> devices work properly while some that work correctly on the stock
>>> android kernel just don't work with their
 kernel).

>>> Anyone tried using vanilla kernels on Allwinner SOC based systems ?
>>> Anyone know what's going to work and what's not going to work if I try
>>> compiling a kernel from kernel.org ? touch screen is not important
>>> because that's not working well enough to be functional anyway.

>>I don't have any Allwiner machines, but I did add some Allwinner SoC
>>configs into the Linux 3.10 kernels.  If there are any patches, I could
>>apply them to Linux 3.10.  I think we'll be using Linux 3.10 for the
>>Slackware 14.1 release.  I did try Linux 3.11 but it was quite broken.

>I'm gonna try building 3.10.12 without any patches at all just to see what's
>going to work and what's not.

It looks like usb is not going to work right because the A13 has a specific usb
controller that is not in the vanilla kernel tree.
Maybe it will work by applying some patches ... but the linux-sunxi team is
working only on 3.0 amd 3.4 kernels. I doubt that the patches will apply
trouble free to 3.10 kernel.

I'm kindof stuck :-(

ATB
David