Hi Anbarasu.

Comments below.

> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. What I have tried so far is: I removed all
outliers CEL files from rawData and re-run the analysis. I was expecting
> slightly different intensity distributions of chips (due to quantile
normalization) but it seems I have the same distributions that I got
with
> all chips, including outliers.

Amongst many chips, I would guess that removing a handful would have very
little effect on the overall distribution that each sample is
quantile-normalized to.  So, this doesn't surprise me.  Also, be sure that
you run the fit() and process() with force=TRUE, otherwise the code *may*
be going directly to cached results, regardless of your removal of files.

> I will try with what you have suggested.  Do I need to use extract() for
sub
> setting before or after normalization?  Are we ignoring the effect of these
> outlier chips in normalization step (if I have to use extract() after
normalization)?

I would do it after.  And yes, this ignores the effects of outlier chips,
which I suspect is minimal over a big dataset.

Cheers,
Mark

> Thanks again.
>
> Kind regards,
> Anbarasu
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Mark Robinson
> <mrobin...@wehi.edu.au>wrote:
>
>> Hi Anbarasu.
>> No, you don't have to remove all the files.  What you can do is use
extract() to extract the files that you are interested in, and create a
new AffymetrixCelSet and fit the probe level modesl only on those
samples.  You do need to be careful though and I suggest you use *tags*
so that the output results are sent to a different location on disk.
Here is an example:
>> [...] # preprocessing as before
>> csN1 <- extract(csN,1:12)  # take a subset
>> plmTr <- ExonRmaPlm(csN1, mergeGroups=TRUE, tag="*,subsetmerged")  #
add a tag
>> fit(plmTr, verbose=verbose)  # fit as normal
>> Hope that helps.
>> Mark
>> On 04/08/2009, at 8:22 PM, anbarasu wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear All,
>> >
>> > I was able to run the human exon array analysis with 120 chips. I
have
>> > identified few outlier chips and would like to re-run the analysis
again without these outliers. Do I need to remove all files (in
plmData, probeData, and reports) that are created by
aroma.affymetrix?