Hi Jiang.

Its helpful to use meaningful subject headers, so that others can
search the mailing lists.  So, I've changed your messages to a new
thread.  Comments below.

> Hi,
> I have a question can you help me. That's about using FIRMA. I
> cannot get the result after I run FIRMA. I only found the score.CEL
> files but they cannot be opened. So may you give me some suggestion?
> Thanks very much.
> Best,
> Jiang

You shouldn't need to deal directly with the CEL files.  You can
access the FIRMA scores by using  extractDataFrame().  For example:

[...]
firma <- FirmaModel(plm)
fit(firma, verbose=verbose)

fs <- getFirmaScores(firma)
fsDf <- extractDataFrame(fs)

The 'fsDf' should be a data.frame object containing the FIRMA scores,
assuming you've run all the previous steps mentioned in the vignette:
http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/human-exon-array-analysis

> Hi,
> When I run FIRMA, I got the FIRMAscores.CEL files, but I cannot open
> it
> using TXT.

They are binary files, but as mentioned above, you shouldn't need to
deal with them directly.

> So how I can check my result of the FIRMA. The result
> folder is
> empty. Another, if I want to add the samples& groups info to the exon
> array,
> what is the format of it? I wirte like this:
> sample1     group1
> sample2     group1
> sample3     group2
> sample4     group3
> and put it in the ..\annotationData\samples\, that's right?
> Thanks,
> Jiang

FIRMA is a single sample method, in the sense that it doesn't need
replicates.  Therefore, it does not need this information.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Robinson, PhD (Melb)
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan