Hi Renyi.

No, the 'Probe_ID' column from that example is not used anywhere.
Really, its just the 'X', 'Y' and then the 2 columns for group and
unit that are used from the input TXT file.

And yes, X/Y are analogous to pmx/pmy from the bpmap file.

Cheers,
Mark

On 16-Dec-09, at 5:27 AM, Renyi Liu wrote:

> Hi, Mark and Aroma.affymetrix fans,
>
> I have a quick question: when we create a custom CDF file according to
> the following page, does it matter what number we use for the probe_id
> field? I have seen somebody used (y*DIM+x+1). If it does not matter
> too much, I would like to just use a sequential number. Also I assume
> that x and y refer to pmx and pmy in the bpmap file. Is this
> assumption correct?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/creating-cdf-files-from-scratch
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Renyi
>
> --
> When reporting problems on aroma.affymetrix, make sure 1) to run the
> latest version of the package, 2) to report the output of
> sessionInfo() and traceback(), and 3) to post a complete code example.

> aroma-affymetrix-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix?hl=en

------------------------------
Mark Robinson, PhD (Melb)
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan
Bioinformatics Division, WEHI
e: m.robin...@garvan.org.au
e: mrobin...@wehi.edu.au
p: +61 (0)3 9345 2628
f: +61 (0)3 9347 0852

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the
sender.