being that these would interrogate different isoforms.

Hope that helps.

Mark

On 2011-01-05, at 6:49 PM, Fong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any reason why the FIRMA method wouldn't work on HG-U133 Plus
> 2.0 Arrays?  I fully understand that the method was originally
> designed to detect for alternative splicing in Human Exon arrays, but
> the same principles can be applied to the U133 Plus 2.0 Arrays can it
> not?  Each FIRMA score is specific to a probeset per sample and the
> greater the magnitude the stronger the evidence of alternative
> splicing in that region for that particular sample.
>
> In fact, it might provide a better estimate since there are typically
> 11 probes per probeset instead of the the usual 4 probes per probeset
> in Human Exon arrays.  This should theoretically increase the
> sensitivity and robust of the FIRMA score calculation.
>
> Fong

------------------------------
Mark Robinson, PhD (Melb)
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan
Bioinformatics Division, WEHI
e: mrobin...@wehi.edu.au
e: m.robin...@garvan.org.au
p: +61 (0)3 9345 2628
f: +61 (0)3 9347 0852

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the
sender.