Hi Sabrina.

Sorry for the slow reply.

Basically, there isn't a lot of precedent for this, but I would suggest using
all 16 arrays to define the FIRMA scores.  Then use limma on those to look for
your differences of interest.  My reasoning is that this will allow the data
from more arrays to be used for the estimation of probe effects.

Hope that helps.

Mark

On 2011-01-04, at 7:29 PM, sabrina wrote:

> Hello, all:
> I have 16 exon arrays from 4 groups, A1, A2 and B1, B2. As are
> genetically identical but with different treatment,Bs are genetically
> identical (but different from As) with different treatment 1 and 2. I
> am interested in finding alternative splicing events that was affected
> by treatment on A and B and also by genetics (under same treatement).
> Therefore, the comparison I am interested are A1 vs. A2, B1vsB2, A1 vs
> B1 (only treatment 1) . My question is, when I do RMA and calculate
> the FIRMA score, do I use all 16 array I have to get Firma scores,
> then use limma as suggested before to apply to design matrix and
> contrast matrix? Or should I for each comparison , do RMA and FIRMA
> score for exon arrays only involved in that comparison? Thanks for
> your input!
>
> Sabrina

------------------------------
Mark Robinson, PhD (Melb)
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan
Bioinformatics Division, WEHI
e: mrobin...@wehi.edu.au
e: m.robin...@garvan.org.au
p: +61 (0)3 9345 2628
f: +61 (0)3 9347 0852

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the
sender.