Thanks Henrik.  I had definitely been confused about tags.  I see they
are a method for adding attributes to output objects (datasets) -
neat.

I had wanted to generalize a question about the QuantileNormalization
typesToUpdate argument,
>  qn <- QuantileNormalization(csBC, typesToUpdate="pm")
and thought bringing up tags was the way to do it.  So much for that -
sorry for the confusion.

I'm still not clear on the typesToUpdate argument - I will submit
another question on that.

_Taku