Hi,

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Michelle <suyi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Thanks!
> I find that if I use R commands to save the plot, such as this,
>
> toPNG(pairName, tags=c(chrTag, "PairedPSCBS"), width=840, aspectRatio=0.6,
> {
>   plotTracks(fit);
> });
>
> The saved plot has poor quality, with the text all blurry.
>
> Instead, if I plot on the screen and save the image manually, the saved
> plot is much clearer.
>
> I wonder if this is a known problem and if there is any solution to it?

toPNG() is using the png() device, so the above is basically doing
png(...); { plot functions }; dev.off().  If you believe there are any
issues with your PNG output, make sure png() is working as expected.
If not, please ask for help at the R-help mailing list.

Could it be that when you "save the image manually", you are saving in
a different file format, e.g. PDF?  PNG and PDF image file formats are
rather different.  You can save to PDF by using toPDF(); you need to
adjust the 'width' argument to be in units of inches (instead of
pixels as for PNGs).

/Henrik

> Thanks,
> Michelle