HI Henrik,

I would like to do MedianNormalization with the newest aroma.affymetrix
package. Have you been able to fix it since 2009? I still could not find
any answer in the documentation.
Median normalization is recommended for co-expression analysis analysis
because QuantileNormalization could affect the relationship between pairs
of coexpressed genes.

If not, could you suggest me another package I could use? Is limma my only
option ?
Looking forward hearing from you
Best

Jean-paul.

Le jeudi 13 août 2009 18:42:34 UTC+2, Henrik Bengtsson a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> sorry, but the ScaleNormalization class is not working correctly and
> should not be used.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to fix it.  Thus,
> there is no way to do plain median scale normalization.
>
> In case anyone wants to dig into this, this class is actually supposed
> to be replaced by the ScaleNormalization3 class and that's the one
> that is not ready/working well.
>
> /Henrik
>
> 2009/8/10 CathyMitchell <cathrine...@gmail.com <javascript:>>:
> >
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> > This does help.
> > Although I'm not really sure what the ScaleNormalize does?
> >
> > On Jul 31, 1:31 pm, Mark Robinson <mrobin...@wehi.edu.au> wrote:
> >> Hi Cathrine.
> >>
> >> A few comments below.

> >> There is a ScaleNormalization, but it appears to be specific to SNP
> >> chips.  It should be quite easy to implement, if it is not there.
> >> Maybe Henrik can comment on that one.
> >>
> >> As for getting help, you can call:
> >>
> >> help.start()
> >>
> >> ... and then find the aroma.affymetrix package and a bunch of
> documents.

> >> Yes, you can do this with extract().  For example, say 'cs' is an
> >> AffymetrixCelSet object.  You can extract the first 2 samples with:
> >>
> >> csSubset <- extract(cs, 1:2)
> >>
> >> Hope that helps.
> >> Mark

> >> ------------------------------