Jagdeep,

Honestly I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about as my technical knowledge on music is zero but I think this is the way future discussions should go rather than getting into dogfights. techies like you can analyse the music and people like me (with no technical knowledge) can say how ARR's music impacts on an emotional level. How about we select a particular ARR movie or a song and invite comments.  I think this will be better than just discussing release date of movies or getting into heated arguments. any comments??
----- Original Message -----
From: Jagdeep
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [arr] Digest Number 2534

hi Aditya Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

I hope u r referring to baadal of yuva.....it opens with the following instruments ( i guess !!!):-

1. synthesised sound of the wood bass which is most likely the reproduction of a Yamaha 900 pro synth ( i have played it and it is amazing !!!.)

2. then there are sounds thet seem like pizzicatoes.(8 plunk of voilin strings) continuously.( again synthesised.)

3. there is a single  E note strumming of the steel string guitar continuously on every alternate beat( this too i ssynthesized i believe.)

4.there is the main rhythm that is a 4 beat rhythm played coninuously.

5.then there is the main tune plyed by a synth lead most commonly found in korg triton synth workstations and others like roland phantom.......   ( that too is lo-fi deliberately processed like that to give it a shrill grainy texture.)

note :- i would like to add here that towards the ending there is a section of indian rhythm thet is not orchestrated by BOSS BUT IS A COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE SAMPLE ... i have it too....

hope u gyus like my inputs and any musicians out there who wud like to differ ..share ur comments and we could well start a new trend in the group.

Chill ....
Jagdeep Singh.

 M a k e   a   D i f f e r e n c e !!!

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.