It's brilliant Noman!
Thanks for taking time out and translating it!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Noman Siddiqui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have tried to translate the song Zikr. But first... I must say
though that it is not perfect... its almost like translating Bhagvat
Geeta in English.... what counts more is the state of mind that one
achieves by listening to it.... and how one's soul concieves it and
reacts to it.... or dances to it...(in some cases)

> Lemme start off from the word Zikr.... it can be defined in a
couple of meanings...

> 1. Rememberence of Allah (Almighty Supereme Being)
>
> 2. To repeat Allah's name over and over again that starts from the
tounge and eventually...      sinks in the heart...then the soul....
and then Everywhere it can be seen and felt!!

> It is the first time that Ar Rahman has actually come out of his
inner self and decided to declare in this song what just the names of
Allah can achieve ..if they are just repeated over and over again
with an open and a clear heart... e.g mor me..listening to this song
over and over again....each time a jewel was picked out from it....

> now...one could argue that it is the way the song is made.... or
one could say  that it is just a mirror where your rooh (soul) sees
itself... clearer the reflection...clearer the image is...

> Now... the most heard name you will hear throughout the song
(especially in the background heavy chorus) is :

> ALLAH HU ....You all know Allah is the name for God in Arabic and
He is what you could call Brahama or Ishvar ... the creator of all
creations....the Only creator...

> Hu...   is according to Sufism the FIRST WORD... it is infact the
only word that exists...and it is mostly this name ALLAH HU that is
used in Zikr.... Now if you notice the entire song is being sung with
different lyrics...yet ALLAH Hu is constantly repeating....

> Nafs : the self of the human beings. It could be an animal
self ...pure self....etc. For proper answers look up these sites :
> 1. http://www.geocities.com/naseehath/e30.htm
> 2. http://www.rosanna.com/books/khanonrumi.htm
>
> Now... let us proceed towards the song....
>
> Zikr...
>
> Ahl-e-talab aja tum ko bulai ahed Allah
> o...those of you who are in thirst/need (talab)...come ..the Onenes
of Allah calls you!

> zikr se burh ke nahin hai amal koiee hai farman-e-rasool Allah
> There is no action superior to Zikr..it is the saying of the
Prophet of Allah!

> nijaat milti hai unko yaqeenan karein jo qalb se zikr Allah
> Indeed those who do zikr from the depth of the heart are saved!
>

> zikr se sur kat-ta hai Nafs ka beshaq zikr hai saif-ullah
> head of the Nafs* can be chopped off from zikr ...indeed Zikr is
Allah's sword

> zikr aman hai zikr hai fatah zikr shifa hai zikr hai dawa
> zikr is Peace...zikr is Victory...zikr is Healing...zikr is the Cure
>
> Allah ho baqimil qule fani aur fana hai sub wo muqab-Allah
> Allah is the only eternal and immortal and rest is perishable and
to be returened to Him

> Hasb-e-Rabi Jallallah, maafi-qalbi gher-ullah
>
> noor-e-Muhammad sallallah, haq laillaha illallah
> Light of Muhammad may peace be upon him...There is not other Truth
except Allah

> hu... Allah hu... Allah hu
>

> Har gul mein har rooh mein, har shey mein noor-ullah
> In every flower... in every soul....in every creation is the Light
of Allah
> (*remember Noor-un-Alla-Noor from Menaxi*)
>

> Har dil mein har pal mein reh zikr-e-illallah
> May Allah's zikr stay in every single heart and in every single
moment

> zikr hai behtar nafrat se zikr hai behtar ghaflat se
> zikr is better than hatred...zikr is better than ignorance..
>
> zikr hai behtar hujat se zikr hai behtar gheebat se
> zikr is better than fantasy...zikr is better than back biting
>
> Hasb-e-Rabi Jallallah, maafi-qalbi gherullah
> noor-e-Muhammad sallallah, haq laillaha illallah
> Allah hu Allah hu, la illaha illallah
>
> Ya Qayum ya Qayum Ya Qayum
> o ...You the Eternal... the Eternal
>
> Ya Awal Ya Akhir, Ya Awal Ya Akhir
> o You the Beginning ...oYou the End ...
>
> Ya Haleem ya Kareem Ya Azeem ya Raheem
> o You ..the Forbearing...the Gracious...the Greatest... the Merciful
>
> Ya Rahman ya Subhan ya Adnan ya Mannan
> o You...the Beneficient....o You the Great...
>
> Ya tal Jallal wali Iqra Ya tal Jallal wali Iqra
> O You ...who teaches us to Read..(almost like this)
>

> There it is friends. Again ...this is just a translation from my
limited knowledge...

> God Bless you All!
> Noman
>

> shivakumar V A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Noman..
>
> First of all,, i was unable make out exact lyrics of the prescribed
song. Thanks a lot for giving us the Lyrics part. My inner instincts
is saying that the song has a very good,,in depth meaning for each n
every word in the song. But to be honest with u,, am unable to
understand wat exactly those lines stands for? Can u please translate
the entire song in English so that we all can get precise  meaning of
the song "ZIKR"

> Hope u'll do the needful.
>
> Thanks n Regards.
> Shivu..

>  Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
more.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/c9hWNA/3MnJAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM