Hi people

There is lot of discussion going on about ARR using loops in his songs
and people alleging that it is copied....
Here is what ARR himself said about usage of loops, in a rediff chat
session:  (it can be accessed at http://rediff.com/chat/rahmchat.htm )

   Siv (Mon Aug 17 1998 13:36 IST)
Mr Rahman, I thought you wanted to clear up the controversies
surrounding the following -- do you think that the usage of
synthesized sound makes a song seem less creative. For example, with
systhesized beats, other artistes could have used the same beats. in
this case, listeners may mistakenly think that the whole song was
copied. Like the rhythm in Telephone manipol from Indian (many of my
friends in the US commented that the song sounds like 'I saw the sign'
from Ace Of Base, even though the tune was different)

  A R Rahman (Mon Aug 17 1998 13:40 IST)
Siv: There was a trend all over the world for programmers to make
music with loops. It was very new and made it easy to do songs. But I
have equippped myself better now and I'm able to produce far better
rhythm stuff originally. Though the Telephone song was orginal, some
of the loops resembled the kind used by Ace Of Base. And these things
are avoided completely now.

Regards,
Aravind

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rKxVKC/SOnJAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM