Hello Sunil,

Motif ES guitar samples are excellent. Generally all the "acoustic"
samples seemed to be better with Motif ES. For some reason I always
get the feeling that TS sound is not too sharp and I always end up
adjusting EQ's. But number of presets, internal sequencer etc are
better on TS compared to Motif ES. AKAI CD support is better with TS
and so does support for SCSI hardisk and a CD writer.

My favorite ones on the ES are guitars, violin and electric piano.

If you are considering buying a new workstation, you should take a
look at Alesis Fusion HD. I played around with it for few hours and it
blew me away.

Workstation market is getting better and I guess we are going to have
exciting times ahead in the synth technology.

BTW in case you need some MP3 recording for any of the instruments let
me know. I can record one for you.

I usually measure the latency at the ASIO driver level or using a
digital oscilloscope by measuring the time between the input impulse
(midi trigger) to output (usually directly at the sound card). 10 us
in my previous mail is not the end to end value. The value the
sequencers show (usually in the order of ms) are based on sound card
memory, API (ASIO/DX or whatever), A-D, D-A delays etc. Depending on
the ASIO driver, you might see anywhere from 2 ms and above.

Regards
Bharathidasan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rKxVKC/SOnJAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM