Rehman working on his own symphony
Wednesday, June 08, 2005

After a long interval, music director A R Rehman is now fully
concentrating on Tamil movies.

Rehman is busy composing tunes for Ajith''s Godfather and S J
Suryah''s A Aah.

Of course, he has his commitments in Hindi and is also scoring tunes
for an English musical.

Rehman is happy to be back in Tamil that shaped him up. "Since I was
busy with my earlier commitments, I could not concentrate on
Kollywood now. However I am back here with great enthusiasm and
energy."

A quick chat with the music genius.

What are the movies you are currently working?
Godfather is nearing completion. Then I have A Aah followed by a
movie titled Jil Endru Oru Kadhal starring Surya. I have composed a
song for Jil Endru Oru Kadhal which I am sure would become anthem
among youngsters.

Will you score music for low budget movies?
I am not averse to working in small budget films. I am more keen on
working with a good unit. I love to work with director Manirathinam
for he always strives for excellence. How many directors today aim
for perfection ? If I get the right team, I would work for any
producer.

When you score music for Bollywood and Chinese films, how do you
adapt yourself to the environment?
Whenever I work in any language, I understand their culture, know
about the people of the region as well. A song can reach masses only
if the tunes reflect the culture of the land.

What's your dream project?
I am keeping it a secret. I want to do a symphony. I have begun my
work towards it. The symphony is an inspiration of a Sufi story. I
want to name the symphony Conference of the Bird. Very soon I will
begin my work towards it.

It is said that you take huge money to score music?
I am not keen on making money. Had I wanted to make quick money, I
would have made it when I was scoring advertisement jingles before
Roja. God has given me this talent and I hope to continue with it
according to his wishes.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/interview/6365.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM