Absolutely disappointed with the National Awards results. Meenaxi, Swades &
Bose were all gems. The artcle says Vidyasagar's music in "Swarabhishekam"
was as per the situation in the film and that he mainted traditional
classical music using acoustic instruments for the entire score. Well I
guess that has more value than than absolute originality, creativity and
soulful music that touches your heart!!!

So much of effort by ARR and absolutely no recognition for his genius. I can
understand him not getting all the rigged popular awars from Zee, Filmfare
etc. But this is totally disappointing.....

- Sunil

>From: "Vinod Raju" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [arr] Rahman's name mentioned in Udit's citation
>Date: 13 Jul 2005 15:55:03 -0000
>
>Some small consolation for disappointed fans.
>Rahman's name finds a mention in the Citation for Udit Narayan's award.
>
>Vinod
>

>http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=10164
>

>BEST MALE PLAYBACK SINGER
>UDIT NARAYAN
>
>Rajat Kamal and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- to
>
>MALE PLAYBACK SINGER UDIT NARAYAN
>

>CITATION
>
>The Award for the Best Male Playback Singer of 2004 is given to UDIT
>NARAYAN for the song "Ye Tara Wo Tara" in the Hindi film SWADES to honour
>his soulful rendition of this beautiful Rahman melody with imaging
>modulation.

Sunil Nair
ISTD (Solutions), ADCO
P.O. Box 270, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Mobile: (+97150) 7802783
Website: http://www.sunilnair.com

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.