first impression is that the album is extraordinary. it's very
westernized for the nature of the movie but the ambience exactly fits
anyhow! takey takey has overtones of oh darling yeh hai india I
guess.. Main vari vari.. the main tune is based on very western chord
progressions and a r changes melodies in ways not done in classical
indian styles. chords are too good.. rasiya.. the main chorus is
astounding.. again the backing chords and sound texture is amazing..
santoors in the background I guess.. saarangis, all sound great..
al maddath maula.. got to hear this first ;) excellent again.. murtaza
and qadir perform as usual.. the lines i mentioned before and the few
following lines are great. lots of strings..
overall the album is a lot more HAPPY than I would have expected.
upbeat, uptempo.. but the songs are catchy.. mangal mangal is an
excellent song as well..
i personally like the sound and the ambience of the album.. i would
put the sound as lucknowi or north indian traditional.. rasiya
chorus.. only a r r can do this I guess.
happy listening..

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.