Hi!

I don't know what would hurt Rahman more — the insults that so-called
music critics heap on him or the response of his "defenders".
Rahman's compositions are not so weak that they need to be defended.
They are products of his true divinity and anything true never needs
to be defended. It will stand the test of time.
Yes it does hurt when people attack him or his music. But they have
always been doing so. And the "attackers" are not just ordinary
people — like the ones who post reviews on this group and other
sites — but even his own colleagues in the music industry. I think it
would be fair to say that no other musician in the history of Indian
cinema has been attacked so much. The reason could jealousy, but
let's not get into that.
 In times like these, it helps to remember the lines of the Sufi poet
Rumi: "No one throws stones at a barren tree." So, greater the
intensity of the attacks, greater is Rahman's talent.
 Rahman has always been dignified in the face of such attacks. He has
only responded by working harder and coming up with more beautiful
compositions.
I think we need to follow his example. Let's maintain our dignity and
that of this forum. Let his music answer the critics. I am sure you
guys have that much confidence in him and his talent.
This was not intended to hurt anyone. I apologize if I have.

Jarshad

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.