Dear Samarth Rajendra

I agree with you that "hard work and superb effort is evident
in each song, each line, each interlude, and each chord"
. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the end product is outstanding. It may even stand out like a sore thump.

I have been an admirer / worshipper / fan of the GOD of music Allah Rakha Rahman from the time I heard Thiruda Thiruda (1993). But constructive criticism always helps. It is not like fans should just sit and praise their HERO. If the songs remind you of DAUD / KADALAR DINAM it's not necessarily bad. It confirms that the songs have the R-A-H-M-A-N stamp. But songs like Takey Takey... having the same rhythm loop that of Saiyyan (NAYAK) cannot be appreciated.

Please don't close your mind (or ears) and start believing anything related with ARR is great. He too makes shit tracks. But since he hasn’t closed his mind from criticism, he learns from his mistakes and comes up with great stuff the next time around. And moreover, please remember that it’s the director / producer who chooses what is to be there in the album and what’s not, ARR can only offer.

Lastly all I want would say is that keep faith. MANGAL PANDEY – THE RISING is going to be remembered as ARR’s one of the all-time best works. It has all the makings of the typical ARR blockbuster. It starts off slow with not most songs making a mark on your mind in a positive manner. But as you keep listening, you realise that you have been listening only to it and have actually started loving it.

That’s the real ARR.

samarth_rajendra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

So here I was. Just after reading the yahoo group mails saying that
The Rising audio was below par, I set out to get my own copy of it to
see if they are putting the money where their mouth is.

I came back home and popped the CD into my player and for the next 36
mins (roughly the time the CD lasts for), I didnt know what was
happening around me. As soon as the CD ended, I knew then and there
that the people who had babbled that The Rising will flop even before
giving it a second listening were not putting the money where their
mouth was.

Its a shame that such a masterpiece gets pummeled in ARR's own fan
group. ARR's and Javed Saab's hard work and superb effort is evident
in each song, each line, each interlude, and each chord.

I thought that people who are fans of Rahman had good taste in music.
But now, I am beginning to discover that even in Rahman's own fan
group, there are those who have good taste in music and there are
those who have great taste in music who can understand the hark work
and acknowledge the sweat and toil put into this album by ARR and
Javed Saab. My hats off to them. ARR and Aamir will prevail and the
filmfares will be theirs.

This is to those people who are yet to listen to this masterpiece:

People, please, secure your own copy legally and come to your own
conclusion. This is my humble opinion. And please, don't be
disheartened by the negative opinions posted in this group or any
other place for that matter.

I rest my case.

Regards, Samarth

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

New country music artists New music artists Country music artists
Christian music artists Music artists Unsigned music artist

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends n family photos for FREE with Yahoo! Photos.
http://in.photos.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

Music artists New music artists Country music artists
New country music artists Christian music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS