I havent heard The Rising yet. I will go and get my copy today and its only been 2 or 3 days since its released so im sure more than half or atleast half of the listeners on this group or worldwide would not have had a chance to get the album yet - now with the weekend yes ! a lot more albums will be bought.
The other half who have already had a chance to listen to the album, I'm sure have not savoured it enough and 2 days is too less a time to give a verdict on the semantics of the album.
But what disappoints me - and this is a trend im seeing over the last few years is that the listeners keep harping and harping and flooding mails with queries about the next release and when it does happen, a whole flood of emails with ridiculous topics start to bombard your inbox.
Sample this "how would harris have done the rising?" "how would a r r have done anniyan?" "the rising is not good" "hes lost it, he produces shit tracks".....while im not denying anyone the right to criticise, all im saying is why wont you guys give it time ? An artiste like Michael Cretu (Enigma) releases an album every 4 years....to a layman most of his tracks might sound alike but if you give it time, you start realising the finer aspects and after years you still keep rediscovering something new - just like a r r's songs..Im sure most of the group has not even been done with Bose - there are just too many finer aspects in that album and 2 days is all it takes to 'complete' the last rites of 1857 and look forward to AAh AAh...
The funniest part is when he does commercial tracks, people want him to focus on something different and now when he does something different, they want AAh AAh commercial tracks !! Give me a break folks !!
Lastly, if all of you as just listeners know so much about music - as claimed and can give a verdict on the songs, arrangments, singers, lyrics etc, surely a r r with all his knowledge and genius and experience would know better. You think he would have worked day and night sitting at his console (siping Redbull !!!) to produce what you call 'CRAP' ?? You need to ponder......

Cheers
Vij
Apologies for the long mail  !

http://mail.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS