It is strange how the same music has different effect on different people. I got hooked on to Rising the very first time I heard though Swades and Bose had to grow on me. My travel time to and from work is about one and a half hours and normally I carry a set of atleast 2 albums of ARR to listen. 98% of the time I am listening to ARR's music only and the balance 2% I switch to other types of music, like anniyan, which increases my craving for ARR's music so I am back to his. This is the effect that ARR has on fans like us. From the time I bought the Rising CD I have not been listening to any other ARR though I know I will go back.  If people don't appreciate the music it is quite understandable as these people would be casual listeners probably liking any type of music as long as there is some sound. I have a friend who could not appreciate Swades music and said ARR is not like the old days which kind of shocked me but people like them can never understand  because they don't want to. This is a cult group and people like them can never understand our zeal either. To me ARR has reached an altogether different plane where he can do no wrong in his music.  It is almost not human. While I make these long drives to my work, his music almost sends me into a trance that I am driving like a zombie. I know I am not alone because even my sons aged 7 and 5 who are normally uncontrollable are all ears when I switch on his music. I personally think that any criticism of his music is unwarranted at this stage especially when he is giving music like Swades, Bose and now Rising.  Agreed that some foot tapping dance numbers are now overdue but probably he feels that as well. So meanwhile, let us all sitback and enjoy the continuous flow of great music. As for me, I don't know when I will stop listening to Rising but I am sure the moment I do another album of the boss will take over. Sorry if I have bored you all.

Cheers

anand
----- Original Message -----
From: Ricky
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 7:22 PM
Subject: [arr] Re: Rasiya - Rising

so true.
i am totally glued to Rasiya..its beyond brilliant.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "muthiaharun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]...>
wrote:
> People I never believed i would love rasiya so much
> great music, n great voice
> the interlude in between the song, god, great t is.
> i don't know, whether i've heard the tune in previous other rahman's
> films.
> u cld help me in tht
>
> when i first heard this song i rated 3/5
> yesterday 4/5
> today 5/5
> now 10/5
>
> this song rocks.

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS