HI all,
Rahmans magic has been working on me since Roja. Working late at
office, I hardly get time these days to buy CDs of Rahman, so this time, I
thought of listening to Rising at raaga.com
I just heard Mangal Pandey on raaga.com.
I am surprised....I mused...hey, is it Rahman...? Except for Mangal
Mangal and Maula, I couldnt find any song that could mesmerize like his
other songs.
May be, more of north indian instruments are being used, considering
the background of this film. But what I think is this album looks like
being made in haste...maybe rahman needed more time to give finishing
touches to other songs..
Maula Maula...is wonderful, and I really appreciate it.
Again, its just that this is only my honest opinion, not criticism. Its
just that I found the album this way, without generalizing, cos I know
that Rahman has already proved his talent long back, and no doubt that
we have too much expectations from his every album.
For die hard arr fans (that includes me, give it a couple of listening
online, and then go for the CD..). I will certainly buy it, but not for
all songs.
And one more thing, its not that I am here to critisize or judge any
person...I am too small for that...I am only talking in neutral
sense....taking the things as they are and not the fantasy of my mind.
We have not seen the movie, and may be the song will perfectly blend
with the film, but only the songs doesnt stand alone, like his earlier
work.
Your comments are expected....plz reply.
vande mataram
Ashok

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!
http://in.mail.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS