Hi,

That "nadaswaram-sound-alike" piece is mind-blowing!!!! wowwwwwwwwwwww....... I was just wondering, how our Master can come up with such innovations in each album!!!!

BTW, I think that is tenor sax.. not sure though!!!

Regards,
Aravind

--- Bharathidasan Venkatesan wrote:
Hi Arvind,

Nadaswaram (or Nagaswaram for the purists) has not
been modelled
physically yet, to be played by the synth. The
closed instrument that
has been modelled is "oboe".

IMHO, it could be a sampled sound or even played by
an artist (but it
is too clean and pitch bends sounds bit artificial).
I managed to get
a similar sounding instrument using SwarPlug samples
of Nadaswaram by
adding some reverb and playing around with ADSR.
This is what my brain
could conjure up in couple of hours and I could be
totally off in a
tangent.

The more I hear it, at places, it does sound like
Shenai. Let us see
what others in the group think.

Dude, now I can't get that tune out of my head and
you are partially
responsible :) :)

On 7/20/05, arvind d wrote:
> hi,
>
> i think the nadaswaram music is not from a real
> nadaswaram. i think it is a synth sound tuned to
sound
> like one. but that sounds great too. very well
fit.
> what do you think.
>
> Regards,
> Arvind

protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>

> This August, Discover the Birth of Your
Independence
> and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
> Mangal Pandey - The Rising
> http://www.risingthefilm.com
> http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
> Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug
12, 2005

> Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man,
The Music, The Magic.
> Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman
e-community.

> Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To Subscribe:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To Unsubscribe:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Yahoo! Groups Links

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS