Rightly said Sahil........U know there are some people out here and about, who proclaim themselves as hard core AR Rahman fans but in reality they have not till now understood the basics of being a good fan or understand the deapthness and beauty of each song.

Criticism is cool, needed and good as long as very good constructive critisism (some posts critising some songs are very very good and intelligently put forward, the one who posts that, clearly desrves some appreciation). We as understandable fans would also like to go thru it and read it with all our heart. It will even help Mr. Rano, Mr Vijay Iyer etc to  put forward to AR Rahman who indeed will be more than happy to recieve it from us with all his heart and with a humble smile.

Some of the baseless criticisms that surely come in this group even before 24 hours of a music release is only meant to make us fans fight and give up concentration on the music's divinity (which they also know is divine)and conc. on the foolish post by an idiot. The best things we as fans with brains can do is to ignore those morons who dosent know what GOOD MUSIC is and continue with our appreciation and warm welcome to Good Critisisms posted by various of our highly respectable members. Also we should make a point not not not to reply to these ()&*(&*(!#$%! messages.

Sahil, some people cant take in good music...they want all peppy and funny, even if the father of the heroine is on the death bed, they want a song like Mukkala or Chayya and particularly where, the already dead father should dance to the tunes...even if its a period film they want a songs like " enikkoru girlfriend veenamada" or a " Boom Boom " from BOYS considering the fact that the films hero and heroine in the period movie is either on top of a horse or carrying a sword.

Even if GOD comes down and makes good divine music, these people will think and say: "Hmm...ok.....but he could have done better....GOD is not like before.....not up to his standards.......his quality is coming down"............IS THERE ANY BASE IN THIS? .... As one rightful member rightly said ..... "A Genuine talent is Indeed God, cannot be artificially created, GOD endowes it to the person and then makes him take birth in this little world, for others". That's what....

If Mangal Pandey Rocks, Aa Aah Blows us away and If Aa Aah makes us dance Mangal Panday rips us apart, with its sheer authenticity and melodies. BH.

 ST <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rawat,

If anyone knows slightest bit of history about Mangal Pandey he would
know the situation and plot to be expected. Okay, so by listening to
Rising you can't validate whether it is entirely appropriate. Then you
might want to revisit Bose, bhagat singh, laagan etc.

He doesnt have to use instruments of that era to create the "mood"
demanded by the situation. Surely no MD in his right mind today would

Quite contrary to that ARR used more hi-tech effects in Rising. And it
is because of his genius that he can do that and still bring about the
emotions demanded by the director. It could consider multitude of
factors such as culture, locality, era, and most importantly the
placement of the song in the storyline.

I stopped listening to critics long time ago - I listen to ARR.

If people can not admit the brilliance of Rahman, it is only because
they can not understand it!

Either way, its their loss, not ours :)

-S

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/20/05 7:37 PM India Time, _Ajit_ wrote:
>
> > Here's my two cents for today.
> >
> > What do people expect from Rahman?  To save the earth?  Re-align the
> > planets?  End hunger?  Each and every time that Rahman comes out with
> > a brilliant masterpiece, I hear comments like "not up to Rahman's
> > standards" or "Rahman not at his best" or "Rahman could have done
> > better".  How lame and stupid.  Our boss is a genius with respect to
> > his versatility and range of compositions, depth of arrangemens and
> > melody, rich use of sound, and very importantly, fitting the music
> > well to the situations of the movie which demand these types of
> > songs.  The songs of the Rising are appropriate for the type of movie
> > and situations in the movie.
>
> The question is: How do you know whether "they are
> appropriate for the type of movie and situations" or not?
>
> Have you seen Mangal Pandey?
>
> Do you have some inside information about the movie?
>
> If not, then you are talking about faith.
>
> > Could any other MD have done a better
> > job?
>
> are you approving of "andho.n me.n kaanaa raajaa" theory?
>
> Are you saying that Rahman is least bad among all MD?
>
> > Think hard about that.  With Mangal Pandey, what are these
> > critics expecting?  A modern day Chaiya Chaiya?  Love songs from
> > Taal?  When people write reviews, don't they even consider the type
> > of film, period, and story of the film when reviewing the music?
>
> I think it is Rahman's doing if people do not consider above
> factors.
>
> A period movie should have music which creates the
> environment of that period. That means that the songs should
> use only those instrumnents which were available in that
> era, and should have lyrics having words/ language used in
> that era.
>
> ARR's earlier period movies all had non-period music. He
> always used latest instruments and never was particular
> about lyrics. Kisna was 1947-ish, but hum hain is pal yahaan
> had nothing 1947-ish feel. it could have been as well a song
> set in 2006.
>
> Even in Rising, the tunes are totally different from most of
> earlier works, thus some semblance of "period" has come to
> it. But did he use only 1857's instruments in it, did he got
> the lyrics written with 1857's language?
>
> If no, then why accuse criticis/ fans when they discount the
> "period-ness" of ARR's music.
>

> > I feel that the music will be vastly more appreciated once the film
> > releases, but nothing excuses such lame and overdone comments as the
> > ones above.  I am tired of it.
>
> ise chaahiye hamdard kaa sinkaaraa.
>
> > Give Rahman the credit he deserves.
> > HE works hard.  His craftmanship is mindblowing.  His melodies are
> > haunting.  His knowledge of Indian classical music is astounding.
> >
> > Is he beyond criticism?  Of course not.  I have no problems with
> > people criticizing his songs based on valid reasons.  But, such
> > comments above are simply ridiculous and untrue.

> [...]

New country music artists Country music artists New music artists
Christian music artists Music artists Unsigned music artist

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages
Only in Yahoo! Mail: http://in.mail.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS