My last reply was in a hurry so I missed the final point:
In continuation of the discussion..

Would you blame God or those who do not explore spirituality to its
depth to understand it?

Similarly if people cant understand ARR music to depth then do they
have the right to spill balme on ARR? Ofcourse tehy may not realise
that. It cam be accepted if it did not suit their taste, or if they
need more time to explore it. How dare they call it disappointing and
below expectation?? And the most ridiculous of all, below ARR's
standard.. like they have the right yardstick in the first place!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/22/05 9:55 PM India Time, _ST_ wrote:
>
> > Rawat, thanks for replying.. its good to have a genuine discussion.
> >
> > You claim zubeidaa songs could have been placed into pukaar, but I
> > think that example is picked just to enforce your point.
>
> The following is the list of zubaidaa songs. I feel that any
> of the above could have been in pukaar album instead of
> Zubaidaa. I was talking about the album and not the film,
> but let me now give the situations in pukar as well.
>
> - dhiime.n\-dhiime.n gaa_uu.N -
>       Madhuri sings the above song in pukar in the beginning.
>
> - duur kahii.n ik aam kii bagiyaa ... pyaaraa saa gaa.Nv
>       In jail, Anil Kapoor recalls his mother sining the above
> song to him in his childhood.
>
> - mahakii\-mahakii hai.n raahe.n ... hai.n naa
>       let it replace "sunta hai mera khuda"
>
> - meha.ndii hai rachanevaalii
>       Namrata shirodkar sings the above song thinking about her
> marriage with anil kapoor
>
> - ra.ngiilii ho ... mai.n alabelii
>       madhuri sings the above song in some hotel performance
>
> - sayyaa.N chho.Do morii bayyaa.N sayyaa.N
>       namrata sings it anywhere
>
> - so gaye hai.n kho gaye hai.n dil ke afasaane
>       madhuri sings this song when she comes to know that Anil is
> in love with Namrata
>
> Could you please enumerate which song(s) listed above would
> sound out of place among pukaar songs?
>
> List of Pukar songs: (supposed be 2000 era)
>
> - aa jaa_o kii sab mil ke ... ek tuu hii bharosaa
> - haay jaanaa.N
> - naujavaano baat maano ... he ke saraa saraa saraa
> - phir chalane vaale ... hamaraahii jab ho mastaanaa
> - qismat se tum hamako mile ho kaise chho.De.Nge
> - sunataa hai meraa Kudaa
>
> Considering the opposite, I now concede that "haay jaanaa"
> and "sunta hai mera khuda" of Pukar can't be put in 1947
> earth, zubaida, lagaan.
>
> - "kay sara sara" could NOT be put in lagaan, but can go
> well with zubaidaa and 1947 earth.
>
> Aren't other replacement possible from pukar to 1947 earth,
> zubaida, lagaan
>
> - "ek tuu hii bharosaa" replaces "palanhare" even in film.
>
> - "kay sara sara" is sung by Manoj bajpai and Karisma on
> their first meet in the hotel.
>
> - "hamarahi jab ho mastaanaa" replaces "hai naa" even in film.
>
> - "qismat se tum hamako mile ho" replaces "o rii chhorii".
>
> so on.
>
> > Look at the wider context. yes I agree zubeidaa, with some
> > modifications, could be placed in other movies. It was a period movie,
> > but the songs had general appeal with some modern day style.
>
> that is the whole point. Eventually, the "modern day style"
> feel of these songs prevails over "period" feel of these
> songs. Due to this very reason, critics and listeners have
> just stopped giving any weightage to MD's claim of
> "period"-ness of songs.
>
> > (yet it
> > was one of the greatest albums to listen to). Now try claiming the
> [...]

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.