Personally I find Rising songs to have more soul than
Ah Aah!!!  Reasons:

a) You can feel the effort gone into each and every
song, unlike Ah Aah numbers (which i think would have
been done by ARR's arrangers - Pravin maybe..)

b) I think once in a while ARR and his team are
"allowed" :) to come up with music which has genX
appeal - maynot be musically great or would lack
melody etc.. the recall won't be there..but then its
for GenX as I said earlier. E.g. Boys (good songs!!)
vs. KalaiDinnamum / Hum hai iss pal.. you know given a
choice which one you'd want to listen to any day.. :)

The key differentiator I guess is the target
audience..of the two movie's songs...it is segmented
and positioned well. However..the Rising songs are
something which will be always linger....

The Rising high points:
1. Sukhwinder stands out!!! <more than Kher- he scores
on the "dha na na na" alaap>

2. Dekho Aayi Holi - what a number:really brings out
the joy of the festival..!! I think we are going to
see this number used more often in dance sequences,
singing contests etc..

Udit sounds simply great.. so does srini..

3. Takkey Takkey - will potentially become a children
fav - just like "ye taara, wo taara.."

4. Mangal (aatma) : Halla Bol!! I can guess this will
be the song of the movie...as in the song which has
the best picturisation in the movie.

The above and many more are just my opinion!! Please
do not take it in any other way..

Thanks,
Gopal

http://mail.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.