On 8/14/05 8:28 AM India Time, _Vanitha G_ wrote:

> I am beginning to wonder if it's something that I
> didn't want to see...
>
> Is the music from the soundtrack all that bad?
> Practically almost all the reviews have criticised the
> songs. I do have to admit Mangal Pandey is not Lagaan.
> And based on his last two releases Rising and Ah Ahh,
> I feel there really is an experiment with the style.
> But that's just my opinion and I don't know much about
> music to begin with. I certainly feel it's just a
> different sound. But being one of his ardent fans I
> have just learnt to love everything he whips up...even
> if it means listening to some songs that just give you
> a headache. (I do admit there are one or two songs in
> his last two releases that I would rather not listen
> to). I really hope that his next few releases will
> bring him back. It would be terrible to see him go
> down now. I am really looking forward to Rang De
> Basanti and Water.

Hi Vanitha,

I am all with you in your above wish. I also wish to see ARR
rule the world of music, at home and allover the world.

However, I couldn't stop myself from noticing that you seem
to say that you are absolutely clueless what went wrong with
ARR's music in these two releases (also include bose and
most of the releases of last year, san Swades) that earned
him such bad reviews.

Thus, you are actually hoping against hope for some magic or
god's will to set things right for ARR.

I worry that this is not logical enough to happen.

I differ slightly on this. The members of this had their
antenna rightly tuned and they had sensed that MP is not
going to be a hit, nor to fetch good reviews. In fact, that
is what had led to so many arguments and fights since 14th
Jul when MP was released.

Thus, it is better if, instead of condemning a member who
writes bad words about ARR's releases, we try to find out
the views of those members what they felt missing in these
albums. That would become a useful feedback for ARR.

--
Rawat

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.