Ash's performance is mind-blowing
By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Bureau
glamsham.com

Send Aishwarya Rai EcardsDirector Jagmohan Mundhra has clarified that Raju
Kher's WOW, has no
similarity whatsoever to his forthcoming Aishwarya starrer, PROVOKED, based on
Kiranjitsingh
Alhuwalia's life. "It is ridiculous that people are drawing parallels between
the two films
without knowing their stories. The fact is that PROVOKED is a story on marital
abuse based on
Kiranjit Alhuwalia's A CIRCLE OF LIGHTS, of which we acquired the exclusive
rights. On the
other hand, from what I know of WOW, the film tells the story of three girls
who go to London
to pursue their dream of starting their own music band. Anupam Kher helps them
fulfill their
dream and offers them shelter at his home. The similarity is only to the extent
that one of the
three girls in WOW has a story of marital discord. I am surprised that no one
has bothered to
check out the facts either with me or Kher's office before writing about it,"
Mundhra reveals.

Mundhra recently wrapped up the shooting of the film and is now in Chennai with
A. R. Rahman,
who is doing the background score for the Download Aishwarya Rai
Wallpapersfilm. In fact,
according to Mundhra, Rahman was among the first few people besides Aishwarya
Rai's father, who
saw the film and were totally impressed with her performance in it. "She has
given a truly
exemplary performance. There's no trace of the Miss World and not even an iota
of
self-consciousness in her effortless performance. Music director Rahman was all
admiration for
her performance but the biggest compliment for Aishwarya was from her father,
who was so
engrossed in the film that he almost forgot that it was his daughter who was
performing on
screen," Mundhra recalled.

PROVOKED is being lined up for a mid-November release, according to Mundhra.
"We are looking at
a huge international release for the film in conjunction with the
distributors," he says.

"We neglect our cities at our peril. For, in neglecting them, we neglect the
nation."
-John F. Kennedy

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.