It unfair to compare the success of a film to the success of the MD.

But somehow, our film industry rates a MD by the number of hits movies that he has worked than the number of wonderful compositions that he has done.

Its high time we have a separate Music Industry, like they have in the west and delink Film Music from good compositions.

The Bose Theme, all songs of Meenaxi, Aham Brahmasmi from Kisna, all songs of Yuva (Ayidha Ezhuthu), Udhaya...Udhaya... from Udhaya, are all masterpieces.

Its a sad fact that a MD (whether ARR or anyone) is recognised only if the movie clicks at the box office.

All the songs which ARR had composed for a film called En Swasa Kaatree were absolute delights. A close listening to the film's RR (background score) would be a real treat for our ears. But sadly the film flopped and thatz it thumbs down for all the pains ARR had taken !

Sad..........

Sadly yours,

Pramod !

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Swaminathan Sivaramakrishnan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If Mangal Pandey flops, it would be Rahman's 9th consecutive flop in
Hindi... Coming in the line of Bose, Kisna, Swades, Dil Ne Jise Apna
Kaha, Yuva, Meenaxi, Lakeer and Tehzeeb. In the same time Baba,
Udhaya, Parasuram, Kangalal Kaidhu Sei, E20U18 and Aayitha Ezhuthu
have flopped in Tamil. Only Boys, in between, was a mild success and
New, a moderate success.

> Mere coincidence or.... ?

http://mail.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS