HI Krishna...

Replying to this theory,

Such instances are abundant in History. They have bought about great
changes and each one of them underlined the very fact that "Change is
the only universal constant".

For an example: Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was a great master and
Vivekananda was his best desciple. Both had their own "artistic"
methods of dealing with life and spiritualism.

Ramakrishna remained in India itself propogating his profound
knowledge and experience to his so called "inner circle" whereas
Vivekananda broke the boundaries and went to the U.S. to deliver
speeches on Hinduism, other religions, and the greatness of India as a
whole.

Vivekananda had a good deal of "scientific" knowledge and gave new
ideas on how to use it for the good of India. One of his famous ideas
is: To exchange the Indian Vedanta knowledge with the Scientific
methods of the west and to develop on both the fronts.

I think Ilayaraja and Rahman are somewhat similar when it comes to the
"art" of music composition and of living life, but when it comes to
the "scientific" part, they are worlds apart, just like the
above-mentioned duo..!

> For instance we learn maths at school n college levels.A school
teacher teaches us Maths.He is very good at teaching n everybody is
amazed by his teaching abilities.One of his students finishes college
n takes up teaching  in a more easy n understanding manner to the
surprise of his students whose standard gradually increases n
everybody starts recognising their value.
> The new teacher gets offers from all over the world 2 to teach n he
accepts them n amazes the with his new techniques by breaking old
conventions.
> In spite of a barrage of offers the new teacher hasn't shifted base
n continues 2 teach in his place n just goes for guest lectures abroad.

> So whom do u think is more potent the teacher (IR) or the
student(ARR) who has dramatically changed the way the world views
Tamil music or Indian music at large.I just gave this wierd example
bcos u need view music with another perspective rather than itz glitz
or in terms of hits n flops.

And to reply to this oncoming segment...

If you think passing off Star, Parasuram, 1 2 ka 4, and such albums as
mere "abberations", then whatever IR did that did not sell is also the
same. If you derive the "ratio", ARR might be better, but that is
because IR had more numbers than did ARR. So naturally, it is bound to
have more abberations.

> And for that matter ARR hasn't given 1 nasty stuff in any of his
films unlike IR who yields 2 his diectors pressure cos he has become
unsure of his future projects.A classic eg. may be Azhagi where there
is a 3rd rate nasty song amidst good ones which could have been so
easily avoided demeaning his strature of a so called genius.This is
not so with ARR cos he sets his own terms while composing n doesnt
yield 2 to the directors whims n fancies.In short only a responsible
filmmaker will approach ARR.There may be abberations like
Star,Parasuram but they only due to ARR's time constraints n busy
schedules.

If ARR leads even after  the numbers become  equal, it could be the
case of "learning from someone's mistakes"

Just My Views.
No offence intended.
Open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading.
Chandra.

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.