Hi guys,

I don't know how many of you have been watching SET's Famegurukul
gala, if any of you have, you know they have been using Rahman's
music for background from day one.  They are on their 39th episode
now, and no episode passes without them using Rahman's interludes as
background pieces.  Anyway, last episode, the celebrity judge was
Anil Kapoor, and theme was Independence day, so they sang all azadi
ke geet.  And of course, some idiot had to attemp to sing Vande
Mataram.  Arijit Singh, the arrogant contestant tried to sing this
song.  Believe me, it was hurting my ears and my heart.  No one,
mind you, no one can ever sing that song like Rahman has.  So, to
the point, Anil Kapoor, after the results were announced and
everything, call Arijit again and asked him to sing that song again
and kept mentioning that it his his favorite song, his all time
favorite composition. I just felt great, although it was unbearable
to listen to this Arijit sing Maa tujhe salaam.

Regards.

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.