Yes, Dil Se is unarguably, one of ARR's best creations and is way ahead of
its time. I can recall how I hated this album except for Chaiya Chaiya
(which is what got me into this album) on first hearing in 97. The sound of
the album did not have predecessors at all, even among ARR's previous
albums, which had the very pop sound (Roja, Rangeela, Kabhi-na-Kabhi etc..
and of course I had not heard all of his albums, especially the Tamil ones
during that time..only 3 years into my ARR odyssey!).

So, Dil Se was indeed harsh on my ear at first...I hated Satarangi Re and
wondered how ARR could compose such bad music. And at that time I did not
know about the aging effects of ARR's magic either! :) So, I only listened
to Chaiya chaiya for the longest time. And then I slowly started liking Ae
Ajnabi..then Dil Se Re....then Jiya Jale... and finally Satrangi re...now
Satrangi re is one of my favorite songs..and like you all have corectly
noted it's all about passion in this song and how ARR captures Manisha's
character (is it Meghna?) with that shy but mystic voice is mind-blowing.
And Sonu rocks this song with his all-heart rendition. My appreciation for
the brilliance of this album grew ten-fold after I saw the movie. It was a
true musical with a tragic ending.

I guess any director with a Sufi theme will get his money's worth from ARR!
:)

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>

<tt>
Rahman fans,<br>
I have been listening to Dil Se after a long time and realize what a <br>
true gold mine this soundtrack presents. The album Dil Se holds a <br>
very special place in my heart and mind. Never has a Hindi album as a <br>
whole moved me musically as much as this one, and ironically, I am <br>
realizing this now much more than when it came out.  I think it was <br>
ahead of its time in 1998.  For me, it's a perfect album.....10/10. <br>
It has everything from trance/dance, melody, haunting arrangements, <br>
mild blowing lyrics, awesome percussion, sweet singing....Lata, <br>
Rahman, Udit, Sukhi, Sonu, Kavitha, Sujatha..........JUST THE BEST <br>
COMBO.  I think we all have our favorite Rahman albums and this one <br>
is a favorite among many. <br>
This album for me is beyond music. It's just earth shattering. From <br>
the mesmerizing rhythms of Chaiya Chaiya to the haunting chords of <br>
Dil Se Re, to the lilting melody of E Ajnabi to the passion of <br>
Satrangi Re. <br>
What is your favorite song from Dil Se? Do you remember when you <br>
first heard Dil Se? What did you think?<br>
I also want to ask.....what was going through Rahman's mind when <br>
composing this once in a lifetime masterpiece?  We know that he makes <br>
great music for Mani, but especially for this album, I would like to <br>
know the inspiration behind this.<br>
I don't expect everyone to like this album or find it their favorite. <br>
</tt>

<tt>
Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The Magic.<br>
Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.<br>
Homepage: <a
href="http://www.arrahmanfans.com";>http://www.arrahmanfans.com</a><br>
Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>
To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>
To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>
</tt>

  <hr style="border-bottom:1px;width:500px;text-align:left">
  <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
  <tt><li type=square> Visit your group &quot;<a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans";>arrahmanfans</a>&quot; on
the web.<br> </tt>
  <tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
to:<br> <a
  <tt><li type=square> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
</ul>
  <hr style="border-bottom:1px;width:500px;text-align:left">

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM