Hi Folks,

Here is the First Information Report on the Bangalore Concert -

I could not resist myself here in the US, while my family and friends were in the concert. I heard Chaiya Chaiya LIVE over the phone for a few minutes.  My sister mentioned that ARR was great as usual in the concert.

The concert started at around 8:15, instead of 6 pm due to rains. It was most shocking to know that there were very less crowd....(about 25% of the expected turn out). Even at 7:30, the Rs.3000 stalls were empty almost... (might be the concert was scheduled with out proper planning, weather forecasting, etc.,) People from Rs. 1500 stalls had to jump the barricade and move to Rs.10000 stalls to fill up the front. Of course the stalls behind (Rs. 500 and 1000) were almost full.

Concert started with Fana....ARR blasting out.  Later continued with all new and old hits. Madhushree gave Hum Hai is Phal Yehan from Kisna and Kabi Neem Neem from Yuva....thatz when Boss did his bit and she started dancing on stage. Sukhwinder Singh did all the hit nos. including WATER, for the first time in the concert...a gift to Bangaloreans. Hariharan, Blazee, Kailash Keer, Sadhana Sargam did a fantastic job. Another attraction was Chitra singing Kehana Hai Kya (Bombay) in Kannada...penned by PB Srinivas (a noted Kannada singer. Badshah SPB was not there in the concert and so as Udit Narayan. There was also a few nos. from Bombay Dreams....Ishq Bina in English, etc., Shivamani could do a little bit solo.

Looks like the show was rushed thro' bcoz of rains. Atleast we have to thank the rain god that until the last song there was no rains.

ARR mentioned that he learnt 2 things from the concert - (1) Never do any concerts in this season (Ramzan) and (2). How much the BLR folks love him.....bcoz most of them watched the show drenched. He called it a Wet Wet Wet concert.

This was the info. that I could gather.........any one else who attended the concert/having info./pictures please share it ASAP.

- ANS

A.R.Rahman Live in Bangalore - October 8th, 2005
The Countdown Begins - Its D-day!!!

Christian music artists New country music artists Country music artists
Music artists New music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS