Hi Vishwakanth,
This is Sudarsan From Wipro Blore.
According to me the answers to the three questions are:

1) Every person's music is unique and ARR's is that much more unique because of the way his songs are mixed and the sounds that he uses. He has been experimenting with different instruments the best example being the usage of different kinds of flutes by Navin and also a lot of fresh voices that mesmerise you out of nowhere. The percussions are also a fine example. One of the major uniqueness that I see in his music is the freedom given to singers. They make the song that much more better and he accordingly modifies the chords. Even the singer doesn't know how the final song will be like until the track is out.

2) ARR's music always has a little western touch along with Indian music. Again the mixing plays an important part. Moreover Rahman has been a performer on stage all aroud the world making him more known to global audience and producers. This gave him a platform for his international projects. But ofcourse nobody gives oppurtunities without quality.

3) Regarding this question I can't give u xact nos.

Sorry for my incomplete answer. Hope i have helped your project at my best capabilities.

Hope this small contribution is meaningful to you.

Bye,
Sudarsan