Nice review. I agree with a lot of what you wrote. This album is
timeless.  It would have been enjoyed in the 195s and it will be
enjoyed 50 years from now.

Only Rahman........

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Md. Prince" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Water: A Heart of Gold
>
> An artist, at some stage of his career strives to weld his lifework
that
> will remain for all times and all ages. All his other works may get
> erased by the new tide of time, except one piece of work, graced
with all
> his talent and technique that will remain as a masterpiece forever.
>
> A. R. Rahman is on the verge of making a masterpiece that will
stand tall
> on the music shelves and will never hide in the dust of time.
>
> Rahman's lifework reflects on his new score for Water, the last
elemental
> trilogy by Deepa Mehta. Water is an album that I could only define
as "a
> heart of gold," bringing the rare classics of music. And at the same
> time, each track of this album is adorned by some of the golden
voices of
> our times.
>
> Rahman has given it his full marks and merits, as an album that has
no
> flashy beats or catchy tunes, but simply adorned it with soft and
soulful
> music and mostly the human voices that dominate all the tracks. May
be,
> it is the first time that ARR has extensively used the voices
alone, and
> experimented with them to go deep into the song, without the aid of
much
> music to express each of the classy notes composed by him. And
Rahman
> proves it majestically that there is no better instrument than a
pure
> human voice.
>
> With that spirit, comes the first track titled "Piya Ho," a soulful
> ballad with an awe-inspiring melody that will get you moving.
Raqueeb
> Alam is the bard of the song, who penned the heartfelt lyrics. The
voice
> talents of Sadhana Sargam, Ganga and Sukhwinder Singh render their
best
> to one of the finest tracks scored by the melody maker A. R. Rahman.
>
> The second track "Aayo Re Sakhi" is enough to prove A. R. Rahman as
> musician beyond compare. The words of the song are an example of
> beautiful lyric poetry by Raqueeb Alam. Together, it's a total
classic
> that cast a spell. The music arrangement is superb. The blend of
harp and
> super-swift drum is foot tapping and the voice talents, once again,
shine
> up.
>
> Press the play button for the next track "Bhangari Marori" for
another
> classy piece of work by Rahman. The lead singer Sukhwinder Singh
sings
> with a voice that comes right from the heart. The voice work alone
is the
> soul of the song.
>
> There is no end to the number of tunes his genius can invent and
track
> no. 4 "Sham Rang Bhar Do" is just one more feather to his cap. The
music
> is baked with a lot of folk spices and array of voices to prove
Rahman's

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM