sorry for asking again but let me tell  u wat exactly i need to rip:
- I have a computer with no DVD hardware. that means, previously i
used Power DVD, ver 1.6 of which now i don't have the cd key though i
have the CD.

-The DVD Audio extractor,which you have mentioned, does it do its job
on my computer (with no DVD reader?) so, can it be used to rip the
5.1 cd which makes only noises when used on my computer

- and i have an explanation for the noises made, for those still
unclear why u get them... The CD is encoded with DTS signals. Which
explains why it only plays on your DVD player(provided it decodes
DTS) or Power/Win DVD.

- Thanks for the tips. When i use Audacity(rec.software), no matter
how many tracks I add, the final output will be mixed down to stereo.
Perhaps I used the product u mentioned, can it be played on a Cd
player or a normal comp.?

- The OGG neeeds to be converted to MP3 in order to do so. I have the
neceessary s/ware needed. Does it retain the 5.1 surround or lose it
to become stereo.

- Refer to SWADES BGM. Esp tracks 1&2. Typical 5.1 effects/. It was
in STereo MP3/. I would like to have such an output.

Any further help on this?

Other than this, if I can download a simple DTS decoder, can it be
used as a plugin to Winamp, so it can read the signals?

Thanks a lot.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, || V i s h w e s h ||

http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor

from here http://www.foobar2000.org/foobar2000_special.exe

> Let me know if it works or not...
>
> Regards,
> -Vishwesh.
>
> srinivasa krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi arr fans,
>
> i am having BOYS DTS 5.1 DISC. i bought it for 125 rupees. i played
it in audio players like Winamp, but only a hiss sound was heard for
each song's length. but when i played it in powerdvd it worked fine.
even windvd can play it. but sometimes windvd played it with clicks.

> i also tried to rip it, but again the songs are ripped completely
with a hiss sound for their full lenghts.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM