Ramki, Dev,

You have revived some good old memories.

Ramki, Thanks for buying the cassette and giving the SideA/Side B listing.
>Try to get one...<
I've been trying for a number of years but not successful, I don't think it
will be available in Bombay.

Dev, >It was falsely credited to ARR (in the post-Roja sensation days)..<
Even I remember hearing the same rumour 12 years back.
It is true that the only song which sounds like the familiar ARR is Andhi
Maalai.
Also, how come that some of the topmost singers sing for an unknown music
director for a non-film album which was never publicised well and never
became famous?
However, other songs like Nilavukku Pakkam - SPB, and Mudhal Muthham do
sound original, and do manage to create an atmosphere of warmth.
I do remember thinking that even if the album is not by ARR, keeping track
of the future works of the music director of the album would be
interesting.

I have also heard there were other vintage ARR albums, something like
'Fantasy' and 'Set me free' and one of these was later released as 'Andhi
Maalai'.
Got to sit-down one day and check out the archives for more info on this.

Incidentally, obtaining clarification for the above was one of the 1000
things that were there in my mind during the chance 2 min. encounter with
ARR at a hotel in Mumbai, but couldnt do so :-)

Best Regards,
Archit
Mumbai

   Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:50:12 -0800 (PST)
   From: Ramkumar Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Andhi maalai

How come the casette that I bought credits it to his
name then? Something wrong somewhere :-)

Ramki

--- Dev Mannemela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ramki,
>
> Andhi Maalai is not an ARR album;
> so it probably won't grow on you :-)
>
> I was falsely credited to ARR (in the post-Roja
> sensation days)..
>
> Dev
>

> On 10/30/05, ramki_k2001 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> > Incidentally, I just happened to stumble upon an
> audio casette
> > of 'Andhi Maalai' in "Landmark", Chennai,...
---------------------------------

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM