Since I do not have any knowledge of ragas, I need some help from
members that do.

It is always hard to pick out the best Rahman track ever.  If you had
to pick one Rahman song that is the best song ever, it would be very
difficult.

But if I had to pick a non-Rahman song from all the trillion Hindi
songs I know, I would pick two songs:

1-The best RD Burman songs ever:
Song: Beeti na beetaye raina
Film: Parichay (1972)
Composer: RD Burman

       and

2-The best Jaidev song ever:
Song: Abhi na jao chodkar
Film: Hum Dono (1961)
Composer: Jaidev

I could exchange all the non-Rahman Hindi songs till date for just
these two songs.  These are some amazing, evergreen songs.  I'm sure
all the Hindi listeners would agree.

I would just like to know what ragas these are in and if Rahman has
composed songs in these ragas. I hope I'm not asking for too much.
Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Here are the links, if you have never listened to these songs:
http://rapidshare.de/files/7657153/Parichay_-_Beeti_na_beetai.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/7657219/Hum_dono_-_Abhi_na_jao_chodkar.mp3.html

Thanks.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM