Hi Fanz,

Thanks to all those replies.

I was in some doubt whether he was targeting the fusion, western, and
the semi-classical kind of music, which was pop-ularized by Rahman in
a big way...and then later followed up by others thus leaving
classical music far behind. There 'were' times like that...

Now, after reading these posts, it is clear that he was referring
mostly to songs like "Manmada Raasa" and some other stuff which
neither had logic nor lyrical quality.

Rahman is way different...Even for a movie like "Ah...Aah", he comes
up with scores which appeal to both the classes and masses to some extent.

Thats why he is loved and liked to some extent even by some of the
hardcore IR fanz (as far as I know).

One more thing in that show: YSR sung a song composed by IR along with
Karthik. He literally destroyed the song to such extent that IR joked
about it:

"Hey, Why are you singing it as if it was YOUR song??"

Also, Vaali seems to have run out of ideas when praising someone. It
was almost repetitive and the message was like the same he once said
about ARR earlier in Chennai concert...

Thanks again for the wonderful comments...It certainly helped..!
Chandra.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, rajni saj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Hi friends,
>
>   "pls stop criticising other musicians"
>
>   (Before criticising a great Artist like Ilayaraja just listen his
songs....Kannea Kalaimane.........Mannil Intha kathalentry
vazhum...........Enthen Nenjil Nee thane Kankal nee thane.........and
the songs of  Sindhu Bhairavi, Kalapani,Chinnathampi,
Basha....................etc)

>   We have (ARR Groups) an image pls dont spoil it.
>
>   Sajna
>
> charles e <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> IR always likes to praise himself. He always thinks
> that only his music will be good for ever.
>
> Thats his comments..We need not worry about it.
> It is no way going to affect ARR.
>
> Charles
>
> --- rajkumac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > hi mouli,
> >
> > i feel he was refering onto the " kuthu pattu ",
> > thats dominating these
> > days. lets not  hurry into the conclusion of digging
> > arr.
> >
> > on the whole, wat he says was true in the sense, the
> > taste of tamil
> > audience in music has come down a bit.
> >

> __________________________________
> http://farechase.yahoo.com
>

> Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The Magic.
> Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
>
> Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]