I wish I could understand Tamil like I do Hindi, but I'm far from that
still, although I'm learning as much as I can. There are a lot of
similarities between Tamil and my mother-tonguee, Sinhalese, but I'd say not
as many as there are between Hindi and Sinhalese. Nevertheless, I try my
best to grab a few words here and there everyday to improve my Tamil
vocabulary. I think Tamil poets are amazing, and I only know a handful like
Bharthiyar, Vaali, and Vairamuthu. There's so much to learn.... :)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM