It has come as a pleasant surprise to me that many were similarly
searching for the albums I am looking for. I thought that only I was
the fellow who could not buy CD's when these albums released as I did
not have money nor a player to buy CD's those days (I was a student then).

I am planning a Saturday weekend (this or next) search spree across
entire Chennai to find these CD's.

It is really unfortunate that this shows the state of Indian Music
Industry. When HMV lost all their old Original Master tapes of 50
years , I thought this scant regard was due to the times they were
operating in, though I could not belive how careless they were to
classics of mohd rafi, kishore etc.

Now in this day and this age, we are unable to get reissues of Big
Hits from one of the biggests MD's of today. One end they fight
against piracy , and in the other end they do this.

I hope Since ARR has openned a new state of art studios,would hope he
would retain the master tapes himself instead and carefully manage his
back catalogue. Maybe if some body realises that Bose Music is infact
good 5 years later, if the current scenario prevails he would not be
able to get it.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I bought Jeans/Minsara Kanavu combo CD back in 2003 from
Kerala(ind)...which was released by Saregama-HMV.
>   Me2 lookin for DSKR .
>
> Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Jeans, Minsara
Kanavu: Unlikely to be found in India, both CTV and AVM
>   Audio which released them respectively shut down. Sony which took over
>   AVM's portfolio only released one batch each of Vandicholai Chinnarasu
>   and MinK, and that too only on cassettes.Both should be available in
>   Singapore/Malaysia, I reckon.
>
>   1947 Earth: Still available from T-Series. Saw it as recently as late
>   October in Music World. PErhaps it was out of stock when you checked.
>
>   Kadhal Desam: Combo CD with New available from Lahari. Have seen it in
>   Music World/Planet M/Landmark
>
>   Muthu: Available in combo from Saregama.
>
>   Indira: Combo CD with Priyan available from Lahari.
>
>   Doli Saja Ke Rakhna: Haven't seen this in a long time.
>

>   --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "dsuday" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   >
>   > I was looking for old Original Audio CD's for the following albums,
>   > which I had in original cassettes. I am not able to find them
anywhere
>   > (tried Musicworld, Planet M) , considering that they were popular
>   > albums once. Gopal or other experts can kindly guide me please
>   >
>   > Jeans, Minsara Kanavu, Kadhal Desam, Indira, Muthu, 1947-Earth,
 Doli
>   > Saja Ke Rakhna,
>   >
>   > I believe in Original Music only, but incase the CD's are no
longer in
>   > market, please advice a very good recording shop in Chennai, who
uses
>   > the original Pyramid, Magnasound CD sources, and does a professional
>   > job.  I will use this as a last resort, if there is no other way to
>   > get the audio .  (One justification I think is since I have all of
>   > these in Cassettes I have effectively paid for the music, but would
>   > love to pay again if I can get originals)
>   >

>     Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.
>   Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
>
>   Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
>   Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>                                                         New music
artists                                          Country music artists
                                         Christian music artists

Music artists                                          New country
music artists                                          Unsigned music
artist

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM