Except Bollywood, Ladies and Bhangra most seem same as the London production?
Can someone who's
seen the Broadway production comment on this list?

Gopal

--- Ranjith K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Most of the songs in the list sound new to me  :((
>
> http://www.playbill.com/news/article/96501.html
>
> Bombay Dreams to Play Toronto in 2006
> By Andrew Gans
>

> Bombay Dreams, the Andrew Lloyd Webber-produced musical that first played
> London and later Broadway, will play a limited engagement in Toronto in
> 2006.
>
> A recent casting notice reveals that the Bollywood-themed musical will play
> Toronto's Hummingbird Centre for the Performing Arts in summer 2006.
> Produced by Nick Manos and Atlanta's Theater of the Stars, the engagement is
> just one stop on the forthcoming North American tour. No other details have
> been announced.
>
> The musical � featuring a score by A R Rahman and Don Black and a book by
> Meera Syal and Thomas Meehan � was based on an idea by Shekhar Kapur and
> Lloyd Webber, who co-produced the London mounting. The New York production
> at the Broadway Theatre played 31 previews and 284 regular performances
> before closing Jan. 1, 2005.
>
> Bombay Dreams tells the story of Akaash, a brash young slum dweller who
> dreams of becoming a Bollywood movie star and meeting his idol, the
> voluptuous screen siren Rani. And wouldn't you know it, his dreams come
> true�but not without some personal costs and a good dousing in an on-stage
> dancing fountain.
>
> The production mirrors many a Bollywood musical in its lavish and plentiful
> production numbers, which find a good portion of the grinning Bombay
> population joyously dancing in unison to a propulsive beat. The show's
> centerpiece is perhaps the disco-ish "Shakalaka Baby," in which Rani and
> Akaash dance in and around a growing fountain.
>
> The musical was directed by Steven Pimlott and choreographed by Anthony Van
> Laast and Farah Khan. The show, which brought East Indian-flavored music and
> dance to the West End and later to Broadway, had its world premiere at
> London's Apollo Victoria Theatre on June 19, 2002.
>
> Song titles include "Salaa'm Bombay," "Bollywood," "Love's Never Easy,"
> "Lovely, Lovely Ladies," "Bhangra," "Shakalaka Baby," "I Could Live Here,"
> "Is This Love?," "Famous," "Chaiyya Chaiyya," "How Many Stars?," "Hero,"
> "Ganesh Procession," "The Journey Home" and "Wedding Qawali."
>
> regards,
> ranjith

"We neglect our cities at our peril. For, in neglecting them, we neglect the
nation."
-John F. Kennedy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM