hey ajit,
lucky uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!.........................................glad to hear that u met our boss........................by the way where did u meet him?.................as u mentioned that it was in a foregn land.....................well......... hope me too some day will get tht gr88888888 oppurtunity.......
bye
sailu

Ajit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear fellow Rahman fans,

Last week I had the most extreme fortunate opportunity to meet with
ARR during his away assignment working on the LOTR music.  I feel
extremely fortunate to have met and befriended a close associate of
ARR who was extremely kind and generous enough to help arrange this
meeting.  This person wishes to remain anonymous and I will respect
that.

I met him late night at a studio where he was working on the Rang De
Basanti BGM.  Rahmanji was kind enough to give my wife and I his
break time and spent about 15 minutes with us.  A beautiful human
being, simple, pure at heart, hospitable, down to earth, and at
ease, he made us feel so welcomed and comfortable, despite being so
exhausted from lack of sleep and working on multiple projects in a
foreign land.  I was so overwhelmed in his presence that I did not
get a chance to ask him too many questions, but I got his autograph
on my Vande Mataram CD and some photos taken with him.  He was very
happy that I chose the Vande Mataram for him to sign and asked me my
favorite song from that album.  I said, "Only You", and he
said, "Only You?....I didn't do that one properly!"  Can you believe
it?  An amazing song, one of my favorites, and yet he thinks that he
could have done a better job with it.  Didn't have a chance to get
into details about it.  I also did not want him to feel like I was
interviewing him, since we already felt kind of guilty for taking
his break time.  But, he not once made us feel less important than
him or not once did he ever air his status, talk about himself, or
anything to that extent.  He never once showed that he was bothered
by our coming there during his busy time.  He smiled, joked with us,
asked us caring questions.  He was so relaxed, we felt like we've
known him for some time.  So gracious and welcoming, despite going
to a studio, he made us feel as if we came to his home and even
offered us something to eat, despite not having many options for
food at the studio.  Just speechless to describe what a beautiful
person he is, pure in heart and soul, and as you all know, it shows
through his music.

I was lucky enough to have Rahman read a long letter I had written
that was given to him by this close associate and my friend the day
before.  In that letter, I poured my heart out as far as what his
music means to me and the many ways I appreciate his music and how
he has impacted my life.  He took the time to read it and I was so
grateful.  I wish he could read what you all would like to say to
him too.  I learned that he does read our messages on this group and
feels grateful.

My fellow fans, I had you all in mind when I was meeting with Rahman
and I so dearly wish each and every one of you can have an
opportunity like I did.  You are all equally as deservng as me to
have the kind of experience that I had.  I am so proud to be a
Rahman fan and to be among the good company of you all as part of
this special group.

I would like to mention specifically that I met this close associate
of ARR through this group, and if it weren't for this group, I would
not have gotten the opportunity that I did to create a special
friendship with him and to meet with ARR.  I also met another very
very close friend two years ago through this group, for which I am
so grateful.  This person who I met two years ago is one of the most
generous human beings imaginable and he was kind enough to provide
me copies of ARR's entire collection and much much more.  Thank you
Gopal, thank you to all who make this group so special and for
allowing me to voice my love for ARR and to have created some
special friendships and most recently, to have met with ARR.  I
really hope ALL of you someday get to meet him like I did.

Much much thanks to this group.  I wanted to write earlier, but I
was busy studying for my state board exams this week, which I took
on Wed, and just busy with work.  I wanted to wait until today to
gather my thoughts and to write appropriately.

Long live ARR.  HAIL ARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let us all pray for
ARR's future success and may he climb unknown heights.

With warm regards to you all,

Ajit

New country music artists Music artists Christian music artists
New music artists Country music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS