I agree with u Rakesh...

Right now what a r r needs is a really BIG hit in bollywood...& mabye working with one of these guys could provide it to him...& It's much better working with these guys then doing films like Lakeer, DNJAK, Tehzeeb & wasting all the precious & powerfull gems... like all the 3 tracks in DNJAK were gems, which I think are absolutely wasted...did anybody even noticed when this film got released in theaters ?? forget about the music release...

so the point is that these guys (chopras n' johars) market their music really really well & thats what a r r really needs right now...

rakesh - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I beg to differ.  The Chopras and Johars are good at connecting with a large majority and this is what Rahman needs more than anything else.  ARR being the versatile composer that he is can do with occasionally composing 'simple' soundtracks which are strong in melody but not necessarily overly experimental.
I'm not saying that the Chopras and Johars are great film-makers, but their most recent films like Veer Zaara and Kal Ho Naa Ho were decent and connected with a large majority of the population.  The respective composers for these films, (Madan Mohan and SEL) produced a soundtrack which was primarily melody driven but with a subtle addition of modern sounds.   AR Rahman could have done just the same without necessarily lowering his usual high standards.
In summary, what's so wrong about simple soundtracks with are driven by melody without being overly experimental?

" The search is more important than the destination."
-
A R Rahman.

Yahoo! Shopping

New country music artists Country music artists New music artists
Christian music artists Music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS