Awesome review.....really appreciate your time for writing it....

Thank you very much,

Neil Panchal

On 12/8/05, thulasi kakkat < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Great review man.Thanks a lot

samarth_rajendra < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

As I finish listening to the complete CD, I can't help but feel sorry
for the people who said that this album is a let down...

I am amazed that for the first time, after the first hearing itself,
I've loved each and every song of the album...by the way, that
retailor who commented that the Lata-Boss song was horrible because of
Lata's voice definitely has some problem with his ears because I can't
find one note in the song that Lata could'nt manage throughout the
song...absolutely beautiful and mellifluous song...a definite classic...

After the first hearing, this is my review of the album:

1. Rang De Basanti (6:03 mins) - Daler has for the first time has sung
wonderfully in a song of his...although the credits say this is sung
by Daler and the vocally perfect Chitra, this is completely dominated
by Daler whereas you can hear Chitra humming in the background and
sings only a small part in the middle of the song...I really wish that
boss takes Chitra for his future projects because I believe that after
Lata, Chitra is the modern day nightingale. Overall, this song has a
superb tune and has so far been the only Bhangra song I could bare to
listen! Expect this song to be an out and out chartbuster in the
coming weeks...

2. Lukka-Chuppi (6:36 mins) - A superb guitar strumming at the
beginning of the song takes you to a heavenly world...no words to
describe the amazing guitar piece...on the lines of Vellai Pookal but
the strumming is faster...coming to the song, this song takes you back
to the golden days of hindi music as this is so beautiful in tune,
composition, and singing that I wished this song would go on forever!
our Boss has adopted a deep voice for this song that reminded me of
Hemant Kumar's singing....the absolute best part of the song comes at
a minute before the song ends where both Lata and Boss break into an
alaap that should be heard to be believed...this song overtakes Boss's
alaap in Yuva because for one, he is singing this with Lata, and he is
simply flawless in his hindi as well as pitch and voice....this in my
humble opinion is the best song of the album because of the
mellifluous tune and flawless singing by both....a definite classic
this is...

3. Tu Bin Bataye (5:57 mins) - Madhusree is turning out to be the next
nightingale!!....such a sweet voice she has...a slow start to this
song just melts you and sooths you... and Madhusree and Naresh Iyer
take over and make this song a beautiful piece...I don't know, but
somehow this song reminds me of 'Sonnalum Ketpatillai' from Kadhal
Virus because of the similar "mood" and slow singing...whoever said
this song was a rehash, better listen to this song again because they
dont know what they're talking about....Simply said, this song is
beautiful in tune and singing...

4. Paathashala (3:39 mins) - Expect this song to be an absolute
chartopper because this one is for the college going crowd!...superb
electric guitars wake you up and gets you dancing and shows the "rock"
side of rahman...great beat and rhythm coupled with catchy lyrics by
Prasoon Joshi make this song a definite youth puller...somehow, the
lyrics reminds me of Urvasi Urvasi just for that fact that they made
me chuckle a couple of times...another out and out chartopper this is...

5. Paathashala (Be A Rebel) (3:09 mins) - Basically the same tune,
mood and feel, except this song has some nice rap by Blaaze who has
become a must for Boss in all his youthful ventures nowadays...not
that anyone is complaining!...I basically have the same comments for
this as the hindi version of Paathashala...

6. Roobaroo (4:43 mins) - At the start of this song, I felt awkward
because of the start that Naresh Iyer gives to this song, coupled with
another piece of mellifluous guitar strumming...after I heard Boss'
voice, it melted my heart because of the way Boss goes
"rooobaaaroooo"...no words to describe my feelings....another superb
youthful track with strong melody and great singing, especially by Boss...

7. Khalbali (6:19 mins) - Alright guys, this is an absolutely new
style of a composition from Boss!!....The tune coupled with arabic
lyrics is absolutely superb....I've never heard Boss sing like this!!,
just for the fact that he sings in arabic...he is given great support
by Aslam who also sings superbly in arabic....don't worry, there is a
small part of the song in hindi too!...but this is one song that
definitely will be No.1 on the charts in the coming weeks...absolutely
superb song...

8. Lalkaar (2:56 mins) - When I first heard that Aamir was going to
sing a full fledged song, I got so excited because I remember dancing
to his comical rendition of Aati Kya Khandala as a kid...but I was a
little dissappointed just for the fact of the length of the
song...only 3 mins long :( ...Aamir sings in a really deep voice which
is sort of a motivational number and will definitely look superb when
seen in the movie....minimal usage of instruments for this as the song
is dominated by Aamir's deep voice...a great song this too....

9. Khoon Chala (3:09 mins) - This is sung by a new comer (atleast for
rahman songs) Mohit Chauhan...absolutely superb tune and
singing...this is one singer to watch out for because he has an
amazing voice...sort of a patriot number this is but not of the flag
waving kind...great lyrics by Joshi....superb song....

10. Ik Onkar (1:28 mins) - A great devotional number this is...short,
but really beautiful in terms of tune and singing....I suspect this
song will play in the background when Aamir and the rest visit the
golden temple in the movie...great composition...

I would like to conclude by saying that this is an absolute classic by
Rahman and is new in style and composition....there is amazing melody
in all the songs but still will definitely appeal to the
youth....trust me when I say that this will be Rahman's biggest hit
since Lagaan....The movie is really youthful by the looks of it but
with a point to drive home...something missing in all of today's
films, which are so tasteless and trashy sometimes that I pine for
such movies as Swades, Lagaan, Kannathil Muthamitta....this movie has
all it takes to be a super-hit....Rahman has drawn first blood for the
movie with this album....go buy this guys, right now.....and please,
don't support piracy...

Thank you for reading this epic post...even I grew a beard while
writing this!!

Regards,
Samarth

Yahoo! Shopping

New country music artists New music artists Christian music artists
Music artists Country music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Music artists New country music artists New music artists
Country music artists Christian music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS